|2. The ten requirements come next|
|Thursday, 06 November 2008 13:41|
1. Having estimated one’ s own capabilities, one requireth a sure line of action.2. To carry out the commands of a religious preceptor, one requireth confidence and diligence.
3. To avoid error in choosing a Guru, the disciple requireth knowledge of his own faults and virtues.
4. Keenness of intellect and unwavering faith are required to tune in with the mind of the spiritual preceptor.
5. Unceasing watchfulness and mental alertness, graced with humility, are required to keep the body, speech, and mind unsullied by evil.
6. Spiritual armour and strength of intellect are required for the fulfilment of one’s heart’s vows.
7. Habitual freedom from desire and attachement is necessary if one would be from bondage.
8. To acquire the Twofold Merit, born of right motives, right actions, and the altruistic dedication of their results, there is need of unceasing effort.
9. The mind, imbued with love and compassion in thought and deed, ought ever to be directed to the service of all sentient beings.
10. Through hearing, understanding, and wisdom, one should so comprehend the nature of all things as not to fall into error of regarding matter and phenomena as real.
|Last Updated on Thursday, 06 November 2008 19:00|