by yoga teacher Gregorian Bivolaru
1. Ask yourself:”where am I?”
Answer yourself: “HERE”.
Ask yourself then: “In what moment am I?”
Answer yourself: “NOW”.
Repeat these questions until you become profoundly permeated by the truth of these two eternal coordinates within in which you exists, existed and you will exist for ever: “HERE” and “NOW”.
2. Program a clock to ring many times during the day when you are in the middle of the various actions. Then, ask yourself the questions:
a) ”where am I?” and replay: “HERE”
b) “In what moment am I?” and answer “NOW”.
Each time when we realize this we must feel the direct and character of the “HERE “and
“NOW”. Acting in this way, we’ll begin to realize that anywhere we go and in any chronological moment we found ourselves, we are FOREVER HERE AND NOW. Therefore, we’ll understand that we have never been anywhere else but HERE and NOW. The clock will continue to tick in the monotone flow of the time, the Earth will continue to rotate around the Sun. With detachment, we let all the aspects of life to pass continuously caught in the torrential whirlpool of the sequential time. We always permanently remain conscious that we exist HERE and NOW.
This represents a simple spiritual exercise, but incredibly effective, which is meant to move us deeper in the eternal present, there where truly EVERYTHING exists.
3. Try as often as possible to focus your thoughts exclusively in the present for longer and longer periods, each time when you will remember this spiritual exercise.
DO NOT THINK OF THE FUTURE.
SIMPLY, BE HERE, NOW.
DO NOT THINK OF THE PAST.
SIMPLY, BE HERE AND NOW.
4. Reflect to the idea that:
a) If you really are HERE and NOW, this is truly ENOUGH to have EVERYTHING, and
b) Thus you will reach the power and capacity of discriminatory understanding to make the most harmonious thing right now. Therefore when “after that”(the future) will become NOW – if you truly assimilated this exercise – you will then be in the ideal state and you will be then (in the future) much more capable to make the most appropriate and the most harmonious actions, so that it will not be necessary to waste your time NOW to worry yourself about then (future).
5. Reflect over the fact that you can program wisely your future being a state the consciousness of HERE and NOW, because in this kind of state, “ then” becomes NOW.
Doing like this you will be fully HERE and NOW. Do these statements still appear paradoxical to you? It is normal in the beginning, but nevertheless continue to meditate upon them, because the OUNCE OF PRACTICE will reveal to you that they hide truths which could never be fully comprehended by the rational mind.
6. “Think that you are not yet begotten, that you are in the womb, that you are young, that you are old, that you have died, that you are in the world beyond the grave; grasp in your thought all this at once, all times and places, all substances and magnitudes together.”